The secret to making DELICIOUS Fried Tofu with Garlic Sauce is the secret sauce. With only six simple ingredients, the sauce is a perfect balance between sweet and savory.
All you need is vegetarian oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, fresh garlic, sesame oil, and sesame seeds! Drizzle the garlic sauce on ANYTHING, and it will instantly elevate the dish. I recommend drizzling the garlic sauce on steamed veggies, dumplings, potstickers, radish cake, or Taiwanese Breakfast Egg Rolls! If you like it, SPICY, you can also chop one red chili to make Spicy Garlic Sauce!
- 1 pack of Medium Firm Tofu
- 1 cup of corn starch Mazeina
- 3 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Red Chili (optional)
- Take a piece of paper towel and lightly press on the medium-firm tofu to dry the edges. Cut the tofu into cubes and coat the tofu with tapioca starch. Let the tofu rest for 5 minutes while heating the oil.
- In a pan, add oil and turn the heat up to medium-high once the oil is hot (put a wooden chopstick, and once it sizzles, it’s ready) and adds in the tofu. Fry for 3-4 minutes until tofu is crispy and golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix vegetarian oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Grate in 6 cloves of fresh garlic, and add in 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds. If you like it spicy, you can add in 1 chopped red chili as well. Mix till thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle the garlic sauce all over the fried tofu and garnish with cilantro.